Re: ISSUE-166 (keydown default action): Clarify relationship between keydown and textInput default action [DOM3 Events]

From: Jacob Rossi <jrossi@microsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 01:07:35 +0000
To: "www-dom@w3.org" <www-dom@w3.org>
CC: "david@davidflanagan.com" <david@davidflanagan.com>
Per our resolution in a previous telecon, I've made the following changes:

-keypress is now the default action of keydown (was: textinput)
-textinput is now the default action of keypress (no change)

Because keypress is currently listed as deprecated, I added the affordance that UAs which do not support keypress must use textinput as the default action of keydown.

PS - As an aside, does anyone remember when we deprecated keypress and why?