[DOM3Events] defaultPrevented and preventDefault() conflict

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2011 16:11:44 +0100
To: www-dom@w3.org
defaultPrevented says it reflects whether preventDefault() has been
invoked for the event whereas preventDefault() says it only has an effect
if the event is in fact cancelable. I think this has led to different
implementations of these features in e.g. Opera and Gecko.

In DOM Core defaultPrevented can only be true for cancelable events. (This
is another reason why I changed initEvent() to also reset the "canceled
flag" so that if you change an event from being cancelable to
non-cancelable everything still makes sense.)

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/