Re: [DOM3 Events] "Super" and "Hyper" keys on Linux

From: Masayuki Nakano <masayuki@d-toybox.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2011 11:56:18 +0900
To: Joćo Eiras <joao.eiras@gmail.com>
CC: "www-dom@w3.org" <www-dom@w3.org>
On 2011/02/03 9:01, Joćo Eiras wrote:
> On , Masayuki Nakano <masayuki@d-toybox.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello.
>>
>> On Linux, there are two modifier key types such as "Super" and "Hyper".
>> "Super" is mapped to Windows key on Ubuntu and Fedora. I'm not sure
>> about "Hyper".
>>

> The windows logo is the metaKey boolean in events.

But both KeyboardEvent.metaKey of Firefox and Google chrome return false
for Windows key on Linux and Windows.

If Windows key should be metaKey, should DOM key event for both Meta key
and Super key return true by metaKey property? And if so, we should use
same key value for both meta key and super key? I don't think it makes
sense...

--
Masayuki Nakano <masayuki@d-toybox.com>
Manager, Internationalization, Mozilla Japan.