Replacement for mutation events

From: Jacob Rossi <jrossi@microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2011 08:29:32 +0000
To: "www-dom@w3.org" <www-dom@w3.org>, "schepers@w3.org" <schepers@w3.org>
CC: "Olli@pettay.fi" <Olli@pettay.fi>, "jeresig@gmail.com" <jeresig@gmail.com>
Hi folks,

As we've discussed before, there's a desire to move forward on spec'ing replacements for DOM mutation events. On the Web Apps wiki, there are two existing proposals (one from Microsoft, another from Mozilla) [1]. Also, John Resig's NodeList proposal has potential for solving some of the issues with the existing deprecated events [2].

Since the current DOM mutation events are deprecated and there's been a request from PFWG and others to see a replacement, I'd like to know what the plan is to move forward on this issue. Ideally, I think this will be work done in a separate spec and likely with separate conferences if needed.

Thanks,

Jacob

[1] http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/wiki/MutationReplacement
[2] http://www.nodelist.org/