Re: Added 'locale' to Text, Keyboard, and Composition Events [ISSUE-119]

Hi, Aharon-

Aharon (Vladimir) Lanin wrote (on 12/26/10 2:19 AM):
> Great, thank you!
>
> One tweak, though. The description for locale in keyboard events is
> identical to the one in text events, i.e.:
>
> "The locale attribute contains a BCP-47 tag [BCP-47] indicating the
> locale for which the origin of the event (whether keyboard, IME,
> handwriting recognition software, or other input mode) is configured,
> e.g. "en-US". May be the empty string when inapplicable or unknown, e.g.
> for pasted text, or when this information is not exposed by the
> underlying platform."
>
> Some of this is inappropriate to keyboard events, though (I think):
>
>     * "origin of the event (whether keyboard, IME, handwriting
>       recognition software, or other input mode)": shouldn't this be
>       just "keyboard"?
>     * "when inapplicable or unknown, e.g. for pasted text": keyboard
>       events can not be generated by pasting text, can they? This phrase
>       should probably be just omitted, yielding something like: "May be
>       the empty string when unknown, e.g. when this information is not
>       exposed by the underlying platform."
>
> I am less familiar with composition events, but some of these remarks
> may apply there as well.

Good catch... I was making several changes, and got sloppy with the
copy-paste. (Unfortunately, there is no key event attribute that catches
that. ^_^)

I have updated the spec, and I hope it's more to your liking.

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, SVG, WebApps, and Web Events WGs