Re: [DOMCore] Making event initializing easier

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 09:25:36 +0200
To: "Olli Pettay" <Olli.Pettay@helsinki.fi>, Olli@pettay.fi
Cc: "Jonas Sicking" <jonas@sicking.cc>, "www-dom@w3.org" <www-dom@w3.org>
On Mon, 27 Jun 2011 20:45:02 +0200, Olli Pettay <Olli.Pettay@helsinki.fi>
wrote:
> On 06/27/2011 07:10 PM, Anne van Kesteren wrote:
> I don't understand what XHR has to do with this.

I am not sure what problem you were hinting at with MouseEvent. So I
guessed maybe it had to do with the constructor / document object
interaction which XMLHttpRequest also needs to deal with.

>> DOM Level 3 Events does not define those members by the
>> way...
>
> I know. But CSSOM does, and once MouseEvents can be initialized
> using dictionary, CSSOM should specify how pageX/Y get their values.
> Though, I guess it doesn't specify it now either.

MouseEvent should probably move to the CSS Hit Testing specification. I
still fail to understand what MouseEvent not being well defined has to do
with event constructors. Is there something with MouseEvent that is
incompatible with how event constructors are defined now? If so, it would
help if you could be more explicit.

Cheers,

--
Anne van Kesteren