Re: [DOMCore] Making event initializing easier

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2011 16:01:28 +0200
To: "Ian Hickson" <ian@hixie.ch>, "Cameron McCormack" <cam@mcc.id.au>
Cc: "www-dom@w3.org" <www-dom@w3.org>
On Sun, 26 Jun 2011 19:35:46 +0200, Ian Hickson <ian@hixie.ch> wrote:
> Essentially, what I described can be viewed as an "internal concept": it
> defines the attributes as each having an "initialised" value. They're
> just not explicitly named.

Fair enough, done:

http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/domcore/raw-file/tip/Overview.html#interface-event

Now all you need to do is define the constructor in the IDL, the
initialization dictionary in the IDL, and define the constructor as
"XXXEvent(type, eventInitDict) is an /event constructor/." in prose.

Cameron, could you review step four (the step about dictionaries) of the
event constructor algorithm:

http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/domcore/raw-file/tip/Overview.html#concept-event-constructor

(It references several terms from Web IDL.)

(I have not updated Progress Events awaiting further feedback.)

Thanks a lot all!

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/