Re: [DOMCore] DocumentType: optional publicId and systemId

On Fri, 03 Jun 2011 19:24:07 +0200, David Flanagan <dflanagan@mozilla.com>
wrote:
> Okay, I see.  Its confusing, though.  As a JS programmer, the "unless
> explicitly given" in §5.7 made me think that I could omit the arguments
> and the undefined values would be converted to empty strings. I think
> the only place that sentence in §5.7 applies is in the algorithm for
> createHTMLDocument().  So why not cut the text in §5.7 and change
> createHTMLDocument() to explicitly specify empty strings?

It helps if we get other situations where DocumentType is created. Now
this is not so likely for DocumentType, but defining DocumentType
consistently with other interfaces is a good thing I think.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/