[DOMCore] Is Element.attributes live or static?

From: David Flanagan <dflanagan@mozilla.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2011 22:26:03 -0700
To: www-dom@w3.org
With all the changes that DOM Core makes to the attributes attribute
(moving it from Node to Element, changing it from NamedNodeMap to
Attr[], and making Attrs not nodes) it is no longer clear whether it is
supposed to be a live representation of an elements' attributes.

5.6 only says this: "The |attributes| attribute must return a read only
array <http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/WebIDL/#dfn-read-only-array> of the
context object
<http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/domcore/raw-file/tip/Overview.html#context-object>'s
associated |Attr
<http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/domcore/raw-file/tip/Overview.html#attr>| objects. "

6 says " Unless otherwise stated, a collection
<http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/domcore/raw-file/tip/Overview.html#concept-collection>
must be live
<http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/domcore/raw-file/tip/Overview.html#concept-collection-live>.",
but it also defines a collection as "A collection is an object that
represents a lists of DOM nodes.", and then goes on to document NodeList
and HTMLCollection, so it seems clear that this section does not apply
to an Attr[].

I assume that web compatibility requires attributes to be live.  But I
think that DOM Core needs to state this explicitly.

     David