Re: [DOMCore] change EventListener to [NoInterfaceObject]?

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2011 14:34:55 +1200
To: Rob Brackett <rbrackett@apple.com>
Cc: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>, www-dom@w3.org
Rob Brackett:
> Very widely used, and more so over the last nine months or so—after
> this pattern got some press on ajaxian.com. I've worked on a lot of
> code that relies on this convention.

This pattern in general (not just for EventListener) seems to have some
people for and some against it.  The default (if you don’t use
[Callback=something]) is to allow it.  I think we should have a
discussion on public-script-coord or somewhere similar to get spec
authors to agree on whether this default is correct, and to override the
default only if needed for compatibility.

--
Cameron McCormack ≝ http://mcc.id.au/