Re: Fwd: comment on DOM 3 Events LC #2 on WebApps WG's request

Hi, Daniel-

First, let me say that I think it's a good idea to start thinking about
CSS events.

However, we clearly don't have consensus on that yet, or existing
implementations, so I believe that DOM 4 (aka DOM Core) is the proper
place to define them, rather than DOM3 Events; DOM 4 has already been
started, so I don't think we will have any more delay specifying them
there than in DOM3 Events.

Alternately, they could be defined in some separate spec... a CSS Events
spec, perhaps?

I'd like to hear from implementers on their opinions, and from my
co-editor Jacob Rossi, as well as the rest of the WebApps and CSS
communities.

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Staff Contact, SVG, WebApps, Web Events, and Audio WGs