[DOMCore] ownerDocument of a Document object

From: David Flanagan <dflanagan@mozilla.com>
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2011 14:34:08 -0700
To: www-dom@w3.org
Both Firefox and Chrome make the ownerDocument of a Document node null.

The June 3rd spec just says:
> The |ownerDocument| attribute must return the |Document
> <http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/domcore/raw-file/tip/Overview.html#document>|
> node that the context object
> <http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/domcore/raw-file/tip/Overview.html#context-object>
> is associated with, or null if there is none.
The meaning of this depends on whether a node is "associated with" itself.

But the (new, I think) algorithm to ensure that two node are in the same
document requires document.ownerDocument === document, or it will fail
in the case of inserting a doctype into a document.

     David