Re: Target of onkeyup/down/press events

On Fri, 13 May 2011 16:22:24 +0200, Olli Pettay <Olli.Pettay@helsinki.fi>
wrote:

> On 05/13/2011 05:20 PM, Olli Pettay wrote:
>> On 05/13/2011 05:12 PM, Giuseppe Pascale wrote:

>>> I've been thinking about this a bit but I'm still not sure if the spec
>>> was correct [1].
>>> What you say is correct, so my confusion is only "linguistic". What
>>> does
>>> "Target" mean in that table?
>>>
>>> If it means the "proximal event target" [2]
>> It means this, and it even says so
>> "Trusted proximal event target types"
>
> Ah, it doesn't say that in the box explaining event type,
> but it does say that in
> http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/DOM-Level-3-Events/html/DOM3-Events.html#event-types-list
>

> Anyhow, target is quite clear to me.

So to close this discussion I would propose the following
- we keep the spec as it was before, i.e. Target is only "Element" for
keyup/down/press
- we clarify that "Target" in the key/up/down tables (and actually in all
tables) means
"Trusted proximal event target types" (as done in [1])

Doug,Olli, does this sound fine?

/g
[1]

--