Re: Standardize Buttons For TV-Web Remotes?

From: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 01:00:07 +0200
To: Glenn Adams <glenn@skynav.com>
CC: Giuseppe Pascale <giuseppep@opera.com>, W3C Web and TV <public-web-and-tv@w3.org>, "www-dom@w3.org" <www-dom@w3.org>
Hi, Glenn-

Glenn Adams wrote (on 5/17/11 4:44 PM):
> Thanks Doug. Couple of comments:
>
>     * under Character Key Values appears VK_PROGRAM_{UP,DOWN} which
>       don't have character values;

Oops.  They were meant to go under Duplicates.

>     * under Duplicate Key Values, what were the criteria for inclusion
>       here? was it: value is duplicate if it is already present in DOM-3
>       Events or if it is a duplicate in these (TV) tables?

Either.  I only included unique key values, not ones that were already
there, nor ones that were equivalents to others on your list.

VK_PROGRAM_{UP,DOWN} are duplicates of VK_CHANNEL_{UP,DOWN}, so I didn't
include them.  I could add 'ProgramUp' and 'ProgramDown' rather than
'ChannelUp' and 'ChannelDown', should you prefer... I don't know which
is the preferred usage.

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, SVG, WebApps, and Web Events WGs