Target of onkeyup/down/press events

From: Giuseppe Pascale <giuseppep@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 10:38:46 +0200
To: www-dom@w3.org
Hi all,
I was looking at DOM specifications and I'm a little bit confused about
the following.

Question: (according to the spec) can an HTMLDocument receive a
keyup/down/press event?

I say according to the spec, because this works in practice (tried in
Opera,Chrome and Firefox on Ubuntu)

Anyway, if I look at the latest stable version of DOM 3 Events
http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-3-Events/

I see that "Target" for these events is "Element".

Looking at the DOM2
http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/REC-DOM-Level-2-HTML-20030109/html.html#ID-26809268

I see that HTMLDocument -> Document -> Node, so HTMLDocument is not an
Element

So in short, either HTMLDocument cannot receive key events or target in
DOM3 should be Node. Or I am missing something.

cheers,
/g

P.S. keep me in CC of the reply since I'm not on this list

--
Giuseppe Pascale
TV & Connected Devices