Re: CustomEvent

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2011 11:03:11 +1200
To: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
Cc: Olli@pettay.fi, Olli Pettay <Olli.Pettay@helsinki.fi>, DOM public list <www-dom@w3.org>, Travis Leithead <travil@microsoft.com>
Olli Pettay:
> > CustomEvent.detail is currently DOMObject. I think it would make
> > more sense if it was type 'any'.

Doug Schepers:
> I'd be fine with that, but I don't think OMG IDL can express type
> 'any'.  We could put this in the Web IDL.  Maybe type 'Object' would
> work for the regular IDL?

OMG IDL does have an “any” type (section 7.11.1.7 of
http://www.omg.org/cgi-bin/doc?formal/08-01-04.pdf) so I think it should
be safe to use it even if you haven’t migrated to Web IDL yet.

DOMObject is just typedefed to Object in DOM 3 Core so using Object in
preference to it wouldn’t gain you anything.

--
Cameron McCormack ≝ http://mcc.id.au/