Re: ISSUE-139 (clarify key repeat): Define which events repeat when a key is held down [DOM3 Events]

From: Jacob Rossi <jrossi@microsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 06:55:04 +0000
To: "www-dom@w3.org" <www-dom@w3.org>
CC: "hallvord@opera.com" <hallvord@opera.com>
Hi folks,

Hallvord's suggested text for this issue makes sense and is clearer than the existing text. I confirmed interoperability for keydown/keypress repeating (noting the exception for Opera which Hallvord identified as a bug). I modified the text to clarify that some user agents may not support keypress (it is deprecated) and that textinput is only fired when generating text input. Let me know if there are issues.

Thanks,

Jacob