Introspection on events

From: Brett Zamir <brettz9@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 11:47:29 +0800
To: "www-dom@w3.org" <www-dom@w3.org>
Hi,

My apologies if this is or has been well covered, but I'd like to know
whether there has been consideration for allowing introspection of
events already attached to elements or objects?

I'd like to be able to get the event types, attached function(s),
whether capturing or not, etc., and possibly also access which events
could come through the element via bubbling, or precede it by capturing.

I think this could be useful in IDEs, during debugging (and in tools
such as Firebug), and also assist when one wishes to dynamically remove
all events on an element. No doubt there could be a good number of other
interesting use cases.

(This might be especially handy if Mozilla's toSource() could become
standardized as well, even if it isn't able to be used to rebuild closures.)

thank you,
Brett Zamir