Re: Event.timeStamp

> I also think we should make Event.timeStamp be not the time at which the
> event was created (the construction of the Event object?) but the time
> at which the event represented by the Event object occurred.

This is particularly relevant to situations in which the event is
_about_ to occur and the UA wants to notify scripts of this.  While it
can only guess at when the event will really occur (since the scripts
could take a while), that still seems more useful than reporting some
time in the past that has nothing to do with the event in question.

We (Mozilla) actually ran into this with MozBeforePaint events.  For now
we're having the timeStamp on those represent the time when the paint is
conceptually happening (i.e. the sampling time that will be used for
animations when the paint happens).

-Boris