Question about wheel events

From: David Flanagan <david@davidflanagan.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2010 16:32:25 -0700
To: www-dom@w3.org
The current Editor's Draft has this description of the deltaMode
property of WheelEvent

> deltaMode of type unsigned long, readonly
>     The deltaMode attribute contains an indication of to indicate the units of measurement for the delta values. The default value is DOM_DELTA_PIXEL (pixels). The value of deltaMode may be different for each of deltaX, deltaY, and deltaZ, based on system configuration.

Does the fact that deltaMode can be different for the X, Y, and Z axes
mean that browsers always generate separate events for each axis?

If a user moves the mouse wheel "diagonally" to scroll down and to the
right, is the browser required to generate one wheel event, two wheel
events, or can it do either one of those things?

I think the spec ought to be clarified to explain this.

	David Flanagan