RE: [DOM Level 3 Events] MouseEvent.getCoordsAt(element)

-----Original Message-----
From: Jonathan Watt [mailto:jwatt@jwatt.org]
Sent: Tuesday, October 05, 2010 1:52 PM
To: Jacob Rossi
Cc: www-dom@w3.org
Subject: Re: [DOM Level 3 Events] MouseEvent.getCoordsAt(element)

On 05/10/2010 21:04, Jacob Rossi wrote:

>seeing as you have demonstrated a simple workaround and D3Events is in Last Call, I think this might better be suited for a future spec--especially if it might better be implemented as an API for more than just SVG elements. Thoughts?

>The API I proposed isn't intended to be SVG specific, that just happens to be what I demoed it with.

I believe similar workarounds can be achieved for non-SVG elements. The existence of relatively simple workarounds gives us the flexibility of wrapping up DOM 3 Events without this API. I agree such an API would be nice to have, I just don't think it's necessary that we work it into D3E  but rather a future spec.