Re: [dom3events] event overview - scroll

From: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 13:48:22 -0400
To: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
CC: www-dom@w3.org
Hi, Anne-

Anne van Kesteren wrote (on 8/13/10 10:14 AM):
> http://www.w3.org/TR/DOM-Level-3-Events/#event-type-scroll -- in my
> limited testing for specifying this event as part of CSSOM View I found
> that it simply uses the Event interface (not UIEvent)

It is a UI Event, so we believed it would be better placed there; the
implementation difference it trivial, and we didn't think moving it
would negatively affect legacy content.  If you have evidence otherwise,
and the group agrees that's better, I could move it back to the basic
Event interface.

>and does bubble
> when dispatched on the Document object (to Window, and bubbles is true).

Simon Pieters indicated that it does not bubble [1], and testing seemed
to bear that out.

Is this a special case for the scroll event on the Document object?
Could you share your tests with us?

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-dom/2009JulSep/0025.html

Regards-
-Doug Schepers