Re: events when a dead key sequence is aborted by unsupported base char

From: Hallvord R. M. Steen <hallvord@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 13:58:06 +0900
To: www-dom@w3.org
On Thu, 12 Aug 2010 08:06:49 +0900, Hallvord R. M. Steen
<hallvord@opera.com> wrote:

> ^ and q will cause two different keypress (and/or textInput) events, one
> for the circumflex and one for the base character.

I've modified an earlier key events demo script (Richard Ishida's?) - test
here:
http://files.myopera.com/hallvors/testcases/keytestpage.htm
This test script generates a list of events (including composition events,
if supported) and you can click any event to inspect its properties. It's
become a fairly useful way to explore any key event implementation.

(There are two tables listing properties of a specific event - either the
last or the one you clicked - which may be confusing. One is from the
older page which I modified and shows "interesting" properties, the other
one simply lists all enumerable properties except all upper case ones.
There is also an annoying limitation in IE where you can't click an event
in the list - the reason is I haven't worked around IE's "global
window.event instead of passing a local event object to the listener" way
to do things.)

So, hope somebody finds this useful.

--
Hallvord R. M. Steen, Core Tester, Opera Software
http://www.opera.com http://my.opera.com/hallvors/