Re: Looking for help. Implementing a XML validation engine in JavaScript.

From: Michael Kay <mike@saxonica.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 23:26:59 +0100
To: "Cheney, Edward A SSG RES USAR USARC" <austin.cheney@us.army.mil>
CC: xmlschema-dev@w3.org, www-dom@w3.org
 > The rate of that processing increase is not directly proportional to
the growth of input leaving something like a logarithmic curve.

With one or two unimportant exceptions, such as key/keyref, I believe
that the cost of XSD validation is indeed linear with the size of the
document being validated.
> As far as what I said about the namespace issue here is an example:
>
> var a = function () {
>      var b = 5;
>      subfunction1();
>      subfunction2();
> }

OK. It seems (a) your use of the word "namespace" has nothing to do with
XML namespaces, which is what confused me, and (b) you are saying, in
some detail, that Javascript is a language which has traps for the
unwary programmer. I'm sure you're right. So do most languages.

Michael Kay
Saxonica