Re: Custom DOM events and privileged browser add-ons; Was: Bubbling/Capturing for XHR + other non-DOM objects

On Wed, 30 Jun 2010 22:39:48 +0200, Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@mit.edu> wrote:
> On 6/29/10 2:36 PM, Chris Wilson wrote:
>> See, this is exactly why we asked the question - because it seems that
>> behavior is inconsistent, we're not sure what the expectation is.
>
> Note that the Firefox behavior I described is irrelevant to
> specification efforts, because it's not visible to web pages....
>
> I think Anne answered the question, in any case: the XHR event target
> chain only contains the XHR object itself and nothing else.  If the spec
> doesn't say that explicitly, it should.

I do not think the XMLHttpRequest specification should state that to be
honest. If that is at all unclear from the current specifications (and I
am not particularly convinced) that should be clarified in DOM Events.
There are plenty of objects around that implement EventTarget. Saying for
every single one of them they are standalone is make work.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/