Re: examples of "event.key" usage broken?

From: ATSUSHI TAKAYAMA <taka.atsushi@googlemail.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 10:54:15 -0500
To: "Hallvord R. M. Steen" <hallvord@opera.com>
Cc: www-dom@w3c.org
Hi Hallvord,

I'm not the expert, but I once went through the same question as
yours. It was apparently discussed that the returned value is the
actual character.
http://www.w3.org/2009/11/02-webapps-minutes.html#item08
>RESOLUTION: The return value will be a DOMstring which is the character produced. We add a note explaining to authors what happens

I think the spec should stop using '\uXXXX' notation and just write
such as 'a' instead, which was already suggested, but there wasn't an
answer.
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-dom/2010JanMar/0051.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-dom/2010JanMar/0052.html

A. TAKAYAMA