Re: addEventListener with useCapture = true triggered by target phase event?

From: Hallvord R. M. Steen <hallvord@opera.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2010 11:12:16 +0000
To: ATSUSHI TAKAYAMA <taka.atsushi@googlemail.com>
Siterer ATSUSHI TAKAYAMA <taka.atsushi@googlemail.com>:

> This apparently has come from the DOM2 Events' "A capturing
> EventListener will not be triggered by events dispatched directly to
> the EventTarget upon which it is registered.". However, none of the
> browsers (of Firefox 3.6, Safari 4, Chromium, Opera 10.10 and Opera
> 10.50) follow this. Opera used to be compliant with the spec, but they
> have changed their behavior to match the rest.

Thanks for spotting that - it's absolutely correct that we had to
change this due to having too many compatibility problems with web
content expecting capturing listeners to fire also on event target.

I support changing the spec so that it says a capturing listener only
fires during capture and at target phases but not during bubbling.
-- Hallvord