Re: Custom DOM events and privileged browser add-ons; Was: Bubbling/Capturing for XHR + other non-DOM objects

From: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 13:39:48 -0700
To: Chris Wilson <cwilso@microsoft.com>
CC: Brett Zamir <brettz9@yahoo.com>, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>, "www-dom@w3.org" <www-dom@w3.org>, "public-webapps@w3.org" <public-webapps@w3.org>, Travis Leithead <travil@microsoft.com>, Adrian Bateman <adrianba@microsoft.com>
On 6/29/10 2:36 PM, Chris Wilson wrote:
> See, this is exactly why we asked the question - because it seems that behavior is inconsistent, we're not sure what the expectation is.

Note that the Firefox behavior I described is irrelevant to
specification efforts, because it's not visible to web pages....

I think Anne answered the question, in any case: the XHR event target
chain only contains the XHR object itself and nothing else.  If the spec
doesn't say that explicitly, it should.

-Boris