Re: Bubbling/Capturing for XHR + other non-DOM objects

On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 01:53:51 +0200, Travis Leithead <travil@microsoft.com>
wrote:
> This topic came up internally on the IE team, and we thought it would be
> noteworthy to put this question before the working groups in hopes of
> getting a spec clarification made.
>
> The question is: for XHR and other non-DOM related objects that support
> the EventTarget interface, meaning objects that will be surfaced off of
> "window" but aren't really a part of the markup tree, how should event
> propagation be handled?

Events only propagate within a DOM tree. In addition there are some
special cases for the global object noted in the HTML5 specification.
Other than that there is no propagation.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/