[dom-events] dispatchEvent()ing a UA-dispatched event

From: Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 06 May 2010 10:21:41 +0200
To: "www-dom@w3.org" <www-dom@w3.org>
Hi,

Is it defined what should happen in the following case?

It seems Firefox and Opera throw an exception, while WebKit allows the
event to be dispatched.

I think it seems like a neat thing to be able to do, for making table rows
or <canvas> clickable. (However the event shouldn't be a 'trusted' event
in that case, of course.) To make it work today you'd have to create a new
event and copy over all properties, which is annoying.

--
Simon Pieters
Opera Software