Re: UIEvents should provide relatedTarget property

@Doug Schepers:

Excellent! Great work.

@Garrett Smith:

>How do you propose handling issue WRT security? Say user focuses
>element in a frame on a different domain?

I would believe that relatedTarget should be null in these cases.

I suppose that relatedTarget only returns null if user privileges / same
origin policy prevent to access the "other" element from within the event
handler. There are specifications under development (e.g.
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Security/CSP/Spec) allowing to access foreign code
under certain circumstances. In that case relatedTarget should return a
valid reference to the counter-element.

Referring to comments from Olli Pettay:

5.2.2
- I think we want relatedTarget to be null when it would point to
   an element outside the current document.

Agreed. But only in case of an access violation. Otherwise it might be an
enterprise application trying to interact with distinct parts of the
software.

- In many events it is specified that target and relatedTarget point to
   the same object. Could the relatedTarget be just null in those cases.

I would prefer if the relatedTarget attribute would equal the target
attribute in these cases. Otherwise it would be impossible to distinguish
between an access violation and the event of an element yielding focus to
itself. (Although I can't possibly think of a case where this should occur.)

Cheers,
Axel Dahmen
www.axeldahmen.de