Re: Changes to DOM3 Events Key Identifiers

Hi, Laurens-

Laurens Holst wrote (on 10/30/09 7:02 AM):
> Op 30-10-2009 10:32, Maciej Stachowiak schreef:
>> "\uxxxx" is not a syntax, it is a Unicode string of the actual
>> character. \u introduces the escape sequence for a unicode code point.
>> So you can compare it directly to a character.
>
> Now I’m confused. The way Doug phrased it, \uxxxx *will* be syntax, i.e.
> the string "U+xxxx" will be replaced by "\\uxxxx" (a 6-character string
> containing an identifier). Not "\uxxxx" (a 1-character string containing
> the actual character) which could be compared directly to a character.
>
> Otherwise, I would suggest not to talk in terms of "\uxxxx" strings at
> all, after all the DOM specification does not need to concern itself
> with serialisation, but instead to just talk about characters and code
> points.

Just to clarify, are you objecting to the loose way I phrased it in my
email, or did you review the spec and find problems there?  I may have
used the wrong terminology in the email, but the spec is the definitive
source that needs to get it right.

So, please clarify if you object to the change described in the spec.

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, SVG and WebApps WGs