Re: [whatwg] focus change inside keypress event handler

From: Olli Pettay <Olli.Pettay@helsinki.fi>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 11:03:43 +0200
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
CC: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>, "Michael A. Puls II" <shadow2531@gmail.com>, whatwg@whatwg.org, www-dom@w3.org
On 10/30/09 7:26 AM, Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> On 10/29/09 10:16 PM, Maciej Stachowiak wrote:
>> WebKit also makes typing take effect as the default action for
>> "keypress", at least for normal typing. It's more complicated when
>> international text input methods are in play.
>
> Yeah, when IME is involved I have no idea what events are fired in Gecko
> and when.

When IME is involved Gecko dispatches keydown, keypress,
compositionstart, text+, compositionend, keyup.

D3E has compositionstart, compositionupdate (which is a lot better name
than 'text') and compositionend.

In Gecko IME doesn't really make key event handling more complicated,
though the default handling is a bit different with keypress.
(I should re-test default handling with IME.)

-Olli