Re: childElements, childElementCount, and children

From: Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 10:58:36 +0200
To: "Maciej Stachowiak" <mjs@apple.com>, "Doug Schepers" <schepers@w3.org>
Cc: "www-dom@w3.org list" <www-dom@w3.org>
On Tue, 20 Oct 2009 23:11:31 +0200, Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>

> DOM4 Core needs to start by deleting stuff before adding stuff IMO.

I agree. The Web DOM Core draft deletes a bunch of stuff from DOM3 Core
(included in comments in the source markup of the draft).

As for adding new features, I think we should wait and see how js
libraries solve any problems that authors have in practice before
extending DOM Core.

Simon Pieters
Opera Software