Re: DOM4 Core (was: childElements, childElementCount, and children)

From: Laurens Holst <laurens.nospam@grauw.nl>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 16:15:27 +0200
To: Simon Pieters <simonp@opera.com>, www-dom@w3.org
Op 19-10-2009 4:01, Simon Pieters schreef:
> tags() is an HTMLCollection thing, not specific to .children. Maybe we
> should limit tags() to HTMLAllCollection (returned by document.all)
> like Firefox, or maybe Firefox should add it to HTMLCollection.
>
> Have you filed a bugs?

No I didn’t, I felt it wasn’t exactly a standard method anyway and
probably the browser vendors only added it for compatibility with
content that was specifically made for IE… And then the children
collection in particular, probably the tags method is little used and
thus did not receive much or any testing.

If tags() is also on document.all, this perhaps explains the Safari
behaviour of returning more than just direct children.

~Laurens

--
~~ Ushiko-san! Kimi wa doushite, Ushiko-san nan da!! ~~
Laurens Holst, developer, Utrecht, the Netherlands