Re: DOM4 Core (was: childElements, childElementCount, and children)

On Mon, 19 Oct 2009 14:04:16 +0200, Laurens Holst
<laurens.nospam@grauw.nl> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I see .children [1] is being discussed, let me pitch in for a little:
>
> .children interoperability is very bad, particularly the
> .children.tags() [2] method.
>
> - Firefox 3.0 doesn’t have it,
> - Firefox 3.5 implemented children collection but not tags() method
> (breaking my code in the process)
> - Safari’s tags() method does not function well, I believe it does not
> only return direct children but works something like
> getElementsByTagName()
> - Opera’s tags() method does not work in XHTML mode, it returns an array
> of undefined.

tags() is an HTMLCollection thing, not specific to .children. Maybe we
should limit tags() to HTMLAllCollection (returned by document.all) like
Firefox, or maybe Firefox should add it to HTMLCollection.

Have you filed a bugs?

Simon Pieters
Opera Software