[DOM3Events] defaultView and event flow

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 13:54:37 +0200
HTML5 currently defines how the Window object interacts with the DOM event
flow. Is it the idea to move this into DOM Level 3 Events? If that is the
case the special case made for the load event should also be made to apply
to the capture phase. See the HTML5 text here:

http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/origin-0.html#events-and-the-window-object

I think if we decide to include this into DOM Level 3 Events it should be
made normative and not just a "note" (with respect to the load event) as
it is now.

The definition of defaultView could also use some work I think. Events are
not dispatched on interfaces after all, they are dispatched on objects
(which implement interfaces). Also note that the CSSWG is working on a new
version of DOM Level 2 Views called the CSSOM View Module. (I added a
proposed agenda item for TPAC to discuss support for views in general by
the way.)

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/