Re: CfC: FocusEvent Interface

From: Maciej Stachowiak <mjs@apple.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 01:43:43 -0700
Cc: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>, "www-dom@w3.org" <www-dom@w3.org>
To: Garrett Smith <dhtmlkitchen@gmail.com>

On Sep 22, 2009, at 10:17 PM, Garrett Smith wrote:

> If there is no "onfocusin" property, and the event can only be
> registered by addEventListener, then it would not break sites.

That's not completely certain. Many Web pages use a function that
abstracts the difference between addEventListener and attachEvent, so
it's possible that there are existing Web pages which add a "focusin"
handler with addEventListener in non-IE browsers, but behave properly
because it is never dispatched. I don't know whether such pages
actually exist, but I would not be so quick to rule it out.

Regards,
Maciej