Re: remedy for click event

On Sun, 20 Sep 2009 11:04:43 +0200, Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org> wrote:
> Anne van Kesteren wrote (on 9/20/09 4:39 AM):
>> FWIW, I do find it somewhat confusing. I'm mostly familiar with this
>> term due to HTML4 and there the end result was that UAs had to implement
>> the deprecated features. This might not be the meaning HTML4 gave to it,
>> I wouldn't know, but that is what it effectively meant.
>
> I suspect that was more of a market decision by browsers than a matter
> of specification conformance.

Regardless, due to the HTML4 Transitional profile that is how many authors
perceive it too. I just checked HTML4 and it says this about deprecated:
"User agents should continue to support deprecated elements for reasons of
backward compatibility." That does not seem to match what you want.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/