Re: Dropping (or deprecating) event initialization methods

From: Cameron McCormack <cam@mcc.id.au>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 18:48:02 +1000
To: Garrett Smith <dhtmlkitchen@gmail.com>
Cc: www-dom@w3.org
Garrett Smith:
> Actually, I already proposed that and provided the same three reasons.

Great, then please consider my mail to be a +1 to your proposal. :-)

> > and instead make all of the attributes that these initializer
> > methods would set writable.
>
> Not a bad idea, but it doesn't work consistently in today's browsers.
> It may either:
> 1) fail silently
> 2) throw errors

Getting implementations to work towards writable attributes would be my
suggestion, then.

> Did you read my proposal?

No, I must have missed it or not remembered it.  Do you have a link?
(Though I did see your recent mail in the addEventListener thread where
you mention the argument list problem.)

--
Cameron McCormack ≝ http://mcc.id.au/