Re: addEventListener naming

From: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 23:07:21 -0400
To: "www-dom@w3.org" <www-dom@w3.org>
Hi, DOM3 Events folks-

Based on implementer responses, I have removed proposal for the
listen/unlisten methods.  I still think it would be better for authors,
but it's something we can revisit in DOM4 Events (perhaps with more
functionality to make it even better for authors).  I've added it to the
DOM Wishlist:

  http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/wiki/DOM_Wishlist

Sorry, Alex... maybe we can talk with the TC39 folks and build a more
compelling case.  That's a world I don't know much about.

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, SVG and WebApps WGs