Re: Marked addEventListenerNS and removeEventListenerNS At Risk

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 21:05:51 +0200
To: "Travis Leithead" <travil@microsoft.com>, "Jonas Sicking" <jonas@sicking.cc>
Cc: "Doug Schepers" <schepers@w3.org>, "www-dom@w3.org" <www-dom@w3.org>
On Sun, 13 Sep 2009 08:45:00 +0200, Travis Leithead <travil@microsoft.com>
wrote:
> It would be IE's preference not to have to implement the NS methods.

Pretty sure Opera rather works on other things too.

I think a good compromise would be to lift the NCName restriction and
basically allow any string to be a DOM event name so people can use URIs
there if they want. (This would actually simplify the API and not reduce
options as far as I can tell.)

I think for vendor extensions using a prefix would be best.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/