DOM3 Events Comments (was: Please Review mouseover, mouseout, mouseenter, and mouseleave)

Hi, Garrett-

Thanks for your comments.  I was specifically asking for review of the
wording for the mouseover, mouseout, mouseenter, and mouseleave events,
so other comments should go on a different thread (thus the change in
subject line).

Garrett Smith wrote (on 9/10/09 6:20 PM):

> | To create an instance of the MouseEvent interface,
> | use the DocumentEvent.createEvent("MouseEvent") method call.
>
> The code would be functional if it were to call |createEvent| on an
> *instance* of DocumentEvent, and that could be marked up as:

Okay, I'll take this under advisement.

> | Note: When initializing MouseEvent objects using initMouseEvent
> | or initMouseEventNS, implementations should use the client
> | coordinates clientX and clientY for calculation of other
> | coordinates (such as target coordinates exposed by DOM Level 0
> | implementations).
>
> Add:
>
> | ... (such as target coordinates exposed by DOM Level 0
> | implementations or other proprietary properties e.g.|pageX|).

Noted.

> I had thought that |canDispatch| was out and I agreed with removing
> it. What is the reason for it?

It's marked at risk.  I want to get wider feedback from reviews of the
public Working Draft before I actually remove the text.  This spec has
been available as a W3C Note for over 7 years, so I want to make sure we
aren't tripping anyone up too much.

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, SVG and WebApps WGs