Re: Current state of DOM2 Traversel and Range

From: Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2009 19:25:28 -0400
To: Morten Barklund <morten@barklund.dk>, www-dom@w3.org
Hi, Morten-

Morten Barklund wrote (on 9/8/09 7:36 AM):

> This actually does not sound as intimidating to me, as it might could have.
>
> I am quite an experienced technical writer, but of course never anything
> in this scale.

If you are interested in editing a new DOM Range and Traversal
specification, this group could certainly help you along.  We greatly
appreciate editors.

I have talked with Philippe Le Hegaret, the Interaction Domain Lead, and
he agreed that Range and Traversal fall within the scope of our charter
under the "DOM Level 4" deliverable (as does "Web DOM" and the new
pen-tablet events we are looking at):

[[
Document Object Model (DOM): DOM Level 3 Core 2nd Edition; DOM Level 3
Events; DOM Level 4
a set of objects and interfaces for interfacing with a document's tree model
]]

So, if you are willing to pick up part of this load, please contact me
offlist and we will look into making you an Invited Expert on the
WebApps WG.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/charter/#deliverables

Regards-
-Doug Schepers