Re: mouseenter, mouseleave

From: Sean Hogan <shogun70@westnet.com.au>
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2009 15:14:40 +1000
To: Jacob Rossi <t-jacobr@microsoft.com>
CC: "www-dom@w3.org" <www-dom@w3.org>, Travis Leithead <travil@microsoft.com>
Jacob Rossi wrote:
> If the idea is to spec mouseenter/mouseleave similar to IE's behavior, then the description currently in the spec could use some work. Here's the key differences between mousenter/mouseleave and mouseover/mouseout:
>         * mouseenter/mouseleave do not bubble

According to the MSDN reference they aren't cancelable either. Same for
mousemove.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms536945%28VS.85%29.aspx
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms536946%28VS.85%29.aspx
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms536947%28VS.85%29.aspx

Not that I know what the default-action of these events is.