Re: Manners and civil behaviour Re: mouseenter, mouseleave

On Fri, 31 Jul 2009 22:23:52 +0200, Garrett Smith <dhtmlkitchen@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 8:28 AM, Charles
> McCathieNevile<chaals@opera.com> wrote:
>> Maciej, this comment is out of line. Garrett, your question wasn't
>> necessary either, and if not especially rude was somewhat lacking
>> in respect for the fact that people may have things to do beyond
>> spend every minute reading the latest message to the list.
>
> Really?

Yes.

Respect for people implies avoiding the implication that their work is not
valuable, or that they have not considered what they have said, as well as
avoiding directly insulting people.

> You seem to have a great deal of knowledge about my personal
> intentions. Please reread what I wrote.

Your remark reads with an implication that Maciej should have read what
you wrote and accepted it at face value, and that his contribution is
effectively pointless. Whatever your intention (I have no idea what it
was, actually), the tone of your words was less than polite and respectful.

Now, can we return to discussion of a complex set of technical issues
please, while trying to be respectful of each other?

cheers

Chaals