Re: DOMActivate vs. Click

On Sun, Jul 26, 2009 at 7:31 PM, Doug Schepers<schepers@w3.org> wrote:
> Hi, Folks-
>
> Can someone please enlighten me why removing DOMFocusIn, DOMFocusOut, and
> DOMActivate from existing implementations seems like a good idea?

Boris explains it really well.

To me it is really high value to cut "unfortunate" features when ever
we can. And to do so as soon as possible before too much content start
depending on it. There is always some amount of complexity that we
immediately remove by doing this. And long term it is likely that
it'll save us more complexity since it makes it easier to add future
features. It is especially the future features that I worry about
since we have no idea what feature today turns out to be a roadblock
for other work tomorrow.

For example being able to set document.domain I'm sure seemed like a
small change in the past, however it turned out to be a major headache
for supporting a namespace-resolver argument to querySelector.

/ Jonas