Re: Deprecating DOMFocusIn/DOMFocusOut

Jacob Rossi wrote:
> Yes, so in response to that action, here's how IE handles focus events:
>
> focus, blur, focusin, and focusout can be registered on any element which is "focusable."
>
> During a focus change from elementA to elementB, the following events are fired in this order:
>
> 1. focusout:   srcElement is elementA, toElement is elementB, bubbles, not cancelable
> 2. focusin:  srcElement is elementB, fromElement is elementA, bubbles, not cancelable
> 3. Focus changes from elementA to elementB
> 4. blur: srcElement is elementA, does not bubble, not cancelable
> 5. focus: srcElement is elementB, does not bubble, not cancelable

That's a great start (assuming we want to spec focusout/focusin).  We
also need to spec what happens if a handler during any of steps 1, 2, 4,
5, calls focus() or blur() on some element (possible cases being
elementA, elementB, elementC).  That's been by far the biggest source of
compatibility problems we've run into with Gecko.

-Boris