marking up normative requrements (was: Re: Testing framework requirements)

From: Hallvord R. M. Steen <hallvord@opera.com>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 12:36:26 +0200
To: "Doug Schepers" <schepers@w3.org>
Cc: "Garrett Smith" <dhtmlkitchen@gmail.com>, "Travis Leithead" <travil@microsoft.com>, "www-dom@w3.org" <www-dom@w3.org>
On Mon, 20 Jul 2009 08:54:36 +0200, Doug Schepers <schepers@w3.org> wrote:

> We might need to come up with some convention for marking up the
> normative requirements in the spec itself to facilitate this

This is a very simple and good idea - we should start doing this ASAP.
Would a simple <span class="req"> do? A trivial bit of JS or other
processing could add IDs before final publishing (<span class="req"
id="req1">), and tests refer back to spec.html#req1 etc..

--
Hallvord R. M. Steen, Core Tester, Opera Software
http://www.opera.com http://my.opera.com/hallvors/