Re: Mutation events

From: Sergey Ilinsky <castonet@yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 00:43:09 +0100
To: Boris Zbarsky <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
CC: www-dom@w3.org
Boris Zbarsky wrote:
> Right.  Olli is talking about the slowdown when an operation there is
> a listener for happens.  So if you're listening for DOMAttrModified,
> any attribute change (including foo.style.* changes).
>
> -Boris
The sample scenario you provided might not be correct. I would argue
that changes made to foo.style object should necessarily lead to the
foo@style attribute value change, similarly to input.value property not
leading to the change of input@value attribute etc. The attribute unless
modified by the means of DOM methods (such as removeAttributeNode,
setAttributeNS etc. that will actually lead to a dispatch of
DOMAttrModified) should preserve its value observed from markup.

Sergey Ilinsky/